2.10.10

S.O.L.A.N.G.E.

over the last several years, solange knowles has evolved from being an illustrious musicians' younger sister to a free spirit that marches to the beat of her own creative drum. after hacking off her hair over a year ago, it seems like she is increasingly gaining a sense of self and has found her niche. i absolutely enjoy her vintage inspired, high end/low end, 70's feel style. the african prints, intricately wrapped turbans, lovely makeup, and glorious afro she sports are just the icing on top of the cake. she is refreshing amongst the "edginess" that has plagued most of the industry.


 title=

solange festival

solange knowles 2

Solange at the Bowery Ballroom on July 29, 2010 in New York City.

solange knowles at charlotte ronson



editorial features:

fashizblack sept/oct 2011

Solange Fash Iz Back Shoot


solange fash iz black 9
Solange Fash Iz Black 2Solange Fash Iz Black 3The image “http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Solange-Fash-Iz-Black-10.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Solange Fash Iz Black 6

Solange Fash Iz Black 5

honey magazine spread ft theophilus london





http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/solo-and-theo-4-Copy.jpg

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/solange-and-london-1.jpg



do not overlook checking out her gem of an album, sol-angel and the hadley street dreams, which is a funky juxtaposition of sweet and soulful 1960's sounds and upbeat modern day electronic music.

my favourite track: cosmic journey ft bilal

8 comments:

kdr*S said...

I am a fan of Solange... besides we share hair style.

Love your site.

Cheers,

kdrsblogs.blogspot.com

Lela London said...

LOVE her in colour. She is so beautiful. Nice blog, btw x

Lela London
www.LelaLondon.com

Not a Paper Cup said...

She is absolutely stunning! :)

ashley said...

Thank you for all stopping by :)

Jenae said...

Gorgeous..Gorgeous..Gorgeous!!!

http://sassbass.blogspot.com

Xoxo

affiliate marketing said...

She's so beautiful - you saved the best photo for last! Loved it!

Velma Williams said...

I love her style, I think its so cool.

Ag said...

I love SOlange's style, her and kelis are rocking alot of similiar styles these days...nonetheless, I am glad solange does her!