The grand night of the Oscars might have wrapped up but Oscar talk is yet to die down. Clothing choices anyone? As the actors/actresses begin appearing on the red carpet I become exhilarated. Yes, seeing the nominees and winners with their Oscar trying to act composed is delightful, but so is analyzing the gown and suit choices. Some choices were ace, and some not so ace. There weren't so many options to pick from so Ill keep it short and sweet, heres the top 5:
Cate Blanchett who was up for 'Best Actress' was aglow in her plum Dries Van Noten dress. Classy, classy, and some more classy.
Marion Cotillard who won for 'Best Actress' looked gorgeous in her Jean Paul Gaultier dress (I love how she pronounces 'Gaultier'). The detail on this dress is impeccable, I love the fish scale-like pattern.
Anne Hathaway looked like royalty in her deep red Marchesa gown . The red against her skin looks lovely don't you think? I also love that it's one shouldered and how gracefully it falls on her body.
I absolutely love Hilary Swank, and I love her even more after she mentioned that she had some nuts in her clutch. She is glowing from the inside out in this Versace number. Great makeup, great hair, great dress, and great amount of jewelery. Greatness personified.
Katherine Heigl looks like she stepped out of an Old Hollywood movie in this red Escada number. The dress fits her like a glove and so does the Marilyn Monroe inspired hairstyle.
I did notice 2 major trends this year at the Oscars:
One shouldered gowns and red gowns.
7 comments:
I loved Marion Cotillard's dress, I mentioned it too. It's stunning, but I think overall the Oscar style was just generally great.
Cate Blanchett is always amazingly stylish and Anne Hathaway's dress is a little piece of heaven.
anne hathaway looked the best, next to marion and jennifer garner.
mmh, yes jennifer garner looks nice but i thought the black was a bit blah, i dont know.
Everyone looked really good, I liked Penelope Cruz the best.
great blog, would u like to link?
sure fashion ivy :)
Post a Comment